Saturday, October 29, 2011

DIY: Infinity Scarf

I saw this idea on Pinterest and really wanted to try it! I am obsessed with Pinterest. For those of you who don't know what that is, it is a wonderful website with a myriad of ideas of everything from home decor to places to visit, work out routines to do-it-yourself projects...such as making your own scarf. You could buy this same scarf from as low as $20 to as high as I've seen it so far for $55. I made this for much, much less. It was actually really easy, and the full and detailed directions are here.




I went to Joann's with Supermom today and we bought 2 yards of knit fabric. Since their pickins' were very slim, I chose this heathery purple. I'm in love with purple right now anyway. All I did was sew up the ends to make a long tube. Then I realized there was a crapload of fabric around my neck and it was 85 degrees today...So I decided to cut the scarf long ways to make two scarves. So now I have two! Yay! I love projects with Supermom. She's the best. I wore my new scarf to a Halloween party tonight with the hubby. After, I stopped by two grocery stores and was complimented on my scarf in both stores. Totally made my day!




1 comment:

  1. Cute! I have a couple scarf diy that I want to try too! Now just finding the time!

    ReplyDelete