Thursday, October 20, 2011

~Creamy Chicken Marsala Pasta~

Oohhhh, I love cooking with alcohol. Ha, that sounded a little weird, but not only do I love mushrooms, but mushrooms and pasta is a bite of heaven in my mouth. And if I see wine or vodka in a pasta dish, I will try it guaranteed. This one was amazing!! Such a burst of flavor in my mouth, thanks to the mushrooms mmmmm. I made this with whole wheat penne, but I think I prefer normal pasta because whole wheat seemed to dull the overall flavor a bit. To each her own, I guess. Coupled with this pasta, I made baked asparagus. We love asparagus these days.



you'll need:

2 boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
12 ounces of mushrooms (or more!)
1 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 c. chicken broth
3/4 c. heavy whipping cream, divided
1 lb. pasta (I recommend penne)
3/4 c. Marsala wine
1/2 c. fresh Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
4 Tbs. butter, divided
salt and pepper to taste
fresh Italian parsley (optional) for garnish




get busy:

Season cut chicken with salt and pepper. Melt 1 Tbs. butter in a large skillet and cook chicken until lightly browned. Put the chicken on a plate when it's done.

Meanwhile, boil water for the pasta. In the same large skillet, melt 1 Tbs. butter and add the garlic, mushrooms, and onion until all are sauteed. Add the chicken to the skillet with the sauteed vegetables. Add the chicken broth, Marsala, and cream and bring to a boil. Simmer the sauce until it thickens.

Drain the pasta, return to the pot, and add the last 2 Tbs. of butter. Add the chicken mixture and a 1/2 c. Parmesan and cook about one minute. Serve with parsley and/or Parmesan.


Makes enough for about 6 adults. Since I love pasta so much, I made the entire recipe so I could have leftovers.

Side note: Next time I will try carmelizing the onions. I think it will add even more flavor.


No comments:

Post a Comment