Wednesday, October 19, 2011

~pumpkin pancakes~

Alright, I admit I am on a pumpkin kick as of late. I made the pumpkin bars the other night, I had pumpkin cake at Relief Society tonight, and I made pumpkin pancakes for dinner last night. Yes! They are so good; they literally melted in my mouth, AND they are much healthier than normal pancakes because you use whole wheat and if you can, you should use real maple syrup because it doesn't contain high fructose corn syrup and butt-loads of sugar. But if you don't have real maple syrup, which I didn't last night, I just made my own. Lots of sugar still, but no HFCS. Somehow that makes me feel better.

My sister, Ashley, gave me this recipe. If you like pancakes and you like pumpkin, you cannot go wrong with this one.


you'll need:

1 1/2 c. milk
1 c. pumpkin puree
1 egg
2 Tbs. vegetable oil
2 Tbs. vinegar
2 c. whole wheat flour
3 Tbs. brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground allspice
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. salt


get busy:

In a bowl, mix together the milk, pumpkin, egg, oil and vinegar. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, allspice, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Stir into the pumpkin mixture just enough to combine. That's it!



The rest you should already know how to do. Heat up a griddle and get cookin'!

This recipe makes 12 servings.

3 comments:

  1. I am loving all these recipes!! Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok i am so jealous of all this pumpkin cooking you are doing! I had big plans, but since we're doing the move right now i'm trying to just get everything cleaned out of the fridge and all my appliances are getting boxed up! So I'm going to live vicariously through you until I can make all these yummy things :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ok, happy moving! When you get settled, you'll have to try these. Seriously, awesome.

    ReplyDelete