Tuesday, October 18, 2011

~fabulous pumpkin bars~

This time of year I find myself working out more and more so I can eat fabulous fall treats and not get fat. I have been dying to make these since I saw the first fall leaf turn orange. I snagged the majority of this recipe from allrecipes.com. They don't take very long to make at all, and they are soooo good! Every time I walk by them I slip a bite (or two) in. Lately all I want to do is cook and bake, cook and bake. Such a fun time of year! Now, if it would only get a little colder so I can wear boots and a scarf...



you'll need:

4 eggs
1 2/3 c. sugar
1 c. vegetable oil
1 can (15 oz.) packed pumpkin
2 c. flour (whole wheat is healthier)
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt

icing:
1 package (8 oz.) reduced fat cream cheese, softened
2 c. powdered sugar
1/4 c. butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 to 2 Tbs. milk


get busy:

Preheat oven to 350. Beat eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin together in a bowl. Next, add flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix well. Pour mixture into a greased 9x13 (or 10x15 pan if you have it) and bake for 20-25 minutes.




Icing: Beat cream cheese, sugar, butter, vanilla and milk in a small bowl until smooth. Spread over the bars only when they are cool.

Serves 24, or a hubby and wifey for a week...or less :-) enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment