Saturday, October 15, 2011

~Honey Whole Wheat Bread~

I kind of really dislike store-bought bread now, so I have been tampering with some whole wheat homemade recipes. This one is really good, and only has 7 ingredients. I am trying to eat more whole foods (as a result I stay thin and get sick less, yay!). My mama helped me make this today, and it turned out great! Thanks, mom :-)
you'll need:

4 1/4 c. whole wheat flour (I grind my own)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. warm water (too hot will kill the yeast)
1/4 c. honey
2 Tbs. oil
1 packet or 2 1/4 tsp. yeast
1 tsp. dough enhancer

get busy:

Proof the yeast in a small bowl. In a separate mixer bowl, add all of the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients (including yeast after it has risen) and knead for about 10 minutes.

Cover the bowl and let rise for 45 minutes. Remove from bowl and flatten the dough in a thin, rectangular shape. Fold in thirds towards the center and flatten to get any bubbles out. Roll up the dough, and place in a greased bread pan. To grease, I use oil or butter. Bake for 30 minutes at 350. Makes one yummy loaf. This is optional, but when I take out my bread, I butter the top. Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment