Monday, October 24, 2011

~Halloween Graveyard Dessert~

My family acquired this recipe many years ago. I still remember the first time we made this; we couldn't get enough of it. I spent the weekend at my parents' the other weekend, and I requested we make it together, as it is an October tradition! I must say, my brother Andrew makes it the best (because he is a perfectionist and he just makes it look perfect), but Supermom and I got it down last time. It is such an easy recipe; it just takes time to make it because each layer needs to refrigerate/set up. Halloween Graveyard is definitely a good go-to recipe for a family dinner or party. In my opinion, any dessert that calls for Oreos will probably be fantastic. This one is no exception!



Look at all of those layers of yumminess.


Once the Oreo layer is refrigerated and jello has refrigerated, pour the jello mix into the pan...and refrigerate again.


Once the jello layer has set up, spread the cool whip over it carefully so you don't ruin the jello.


Make sure the cool whip layer is even.


Add the rest of the Oreo crumbs onto the top. You can stick Milano cookies into the top that say 'R.I.P' on them to make it a true 'graveyard.'



you'll need:

2 1/4 c. crushed Oreos (or more), divided
1/2 c. sugar, divided (I like to use xagave (better for you than sugar)
1/2 c. butter, melted
1 8 oz. fat free cream cheese, softened
1 8 oz. reduced fat tub of cool whip
2 c. boiling water
1 6 oz. orange jello mix
1 1/2 c. cold water with ice

get busy:

Mix 2 cups of crushed Oreos with 1/4 c. sugar and melted butter. Press mixture into a 9x13 pan. You want enough butter for the mixture to be wet, but not so much that it's soupy. Refrigerate. Beat cream cheese, remaining 1/4 c. sugar and 1/2 of the whipped topping. Spread over chilled crust. Boil 2 c. water and stir in jello mix for 2 minutes. Add ice water and stir until thickened a bit.

Put jello in fridge for 30 minutes to thicken a bit before spooning over the cream cheese layer. Refrigerate 2 hours or so or until jello is set. Spread on remaining cool whip. Sprinkle with remaining Oreo crumbs. Enjoy!

Thanks Mom for making this with me. Love you lots.

No comments:

Post a Comment