Sunday, October 23, 2011

~Pumpkin Cream Cheese Rolls~

I seriously love trying new recipes. I tried 3 new recipes today (and even though I overcooked one and half-botched another, they all still turned out amazing). Lately, nothing makes me happier than a dish turning out well. This afternoon I made pumpkin spiced cream cheese rolls. They could serve as a dessert or for breakfast, but since I had already had a snack and a smoothie, I decided I couldn't wait till dessert to inhale these pumpkin-tasting goodies. They are really easy to make; I think it took less than 15 minutes to get them in the oven. If you want an easy roll recipe, here it is.



(Picture courtesy of picky-palate.com) I didn't get a good picture of my rolls.


Roll out both crescent rolls to form 4 long lines/rectangles. Pinch together the seams.


Add cream cheese, pumpkin, nutmeg, cinnamon and brown sugar and mix together.


Spread the mixture onto the crescent rolls.


Leave a half inch on the edges so you can roll them up. Roll them the long way.


I used floss to cut the 1 inch pieces, and even though it was mint-flavored, you couldn't taste it on the rolls at all.


I left a hole in the middle so in case I wanted to put something cute or fruit in the middle, I could.

Tada!


you'll need:

rolls:
2 cans Pillsbury crescent rolls (8 count each)
4 oz. fat free cream cheese
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. canned pumpkin (I use Libby's)
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg (if you have it, I didn't and it was still yummy)

icing:
4 oz. cream cheese
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 Tbs. canned pumpkin


get busy:

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Unroll the crescent rolls into 4 long rectangles. Pinch the seams together, and make sure to do a good job, otherwise it will affect the rolling later. In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, brown sugar, pumpkin, cinnamon and nutmeg. Spread the mixture over the crescents leaving a 1/2 inch border around the edges. Roll up the crescent rectangles starting at the long end. Use floss to cut 1 inch pieces. You should finish with 16 rolls. Place rolls in 2 separate 8 inch greased pans. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Don't let them overcook like I did!

Remove rolls and let them cool a little, then spread the icing over them.

Icing: In a small bowl, mix together all 4 ingredients until smooth; spread over rolls.

These were really fun to make and tasted oh so good. Not to mention, our home smelled phenomenal.

No comments:

Post a Comment