Thursday, December 22, 2011

~Melt-In-Your-Mouth Mushroom Bisque~

My favorite place to get yummy soups and salads is Zupas in Utah. They have an amazing tomato basil soup, which used to be my fave soup there...until I tried the mushroom bisque. Holy flavor! I scoured the internet for the recipe but couldn't find it. The other day I was asking my beautiful sis-in-law Kelli for some yummy mushroom recipes (I am obsessed with mushrooms lately). She gave me this mushroom soup recipe that I modified a little bit. I couldn't believe when I tasted it, it tasted exactly like the mushroom bisque from Zupas!! I was so happy!




Serves 4

you'll need:

1 lb (or more) chopped assorted mushrooms
5 Tbs. chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
3 Tbs. butter
2 1/2 c. chicken stock
2 c. heavy whipping cream
salt and pepper to taste


get busy:

Saute the onions and garlic in butter, then add the mushrooms. Cook until the mushrooms release their liquid. Add the stock, salt and pepper, and simmer for about 20 minutes. In a blender {I highly recommend a Blendtec} puree the soup until smooth and there are no chunks. Return the puree to the pan and add the cream. Adjust the consistency to your liking. I like my soup a little on the thick side. If you like it thinner, add more chicken stock. Serve hot.

If you like mushrooms, you will inhale this soup. Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment