Monday, January 30, 2012

Dad & Mom's Surprise 40th Wedding Anniversary Party

I had the honor of throwing my parents a surprise party for their 40th wedding anniversary. 40 years--that is such a long time! My family and I had been planning this behind their backs for about a month, and juggling this between working full-time was a little bit challenging, but man oh man it was so fun to do! In another life I will be an event planner. We had about 70 people or so at Mom and Dad's house, and just about all of them were there for the surprise.

We had some fun decorations up for the party. The pictures above are from when my parents were both 18 years old I think. My mom--the total babe. Dad had pork chops--yessss.

Kelli made the most amazing 3-tiered fondant cake, each layer had three layers each. It was amazing! She also had black and white pictures of my parents around each tier.

Mom and Dad truly were surprised--as proven in the pictures. I was so surprised none of their friends spilled the beans!

We even had the cute couple cut the cake :-)

Some of us ladies in the fam were all coincidentally wearing new gold watches.

Some of my lovely sisters-in-law. Love you both!

Anyway, thanks to everyone who helped with that. Love my parents so much--they are great examples of sticking through thick and thin in a marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment