Saturday, January 14, 2012

~Baked Parmesan Asparagus~

I love asparagus!!! I usually eat asparagus steamed or grilled, but it was cold out this night. So I decided to bake it in the oven! The only thing I did to the spears was roll them in some olive oil and shred some Parmesan on top (and a dash of salt!). If you have the chance to buy asparagus, by the fatter spears. They taste better for some reason. These are incredibly easy to make, and only take a few ingredients. For the most part, I try to keep my veggies simple so I get used to eating them the way they are. If you can only enjoy green beans loaded with cheese and sauce, it's not too healthy then, is it...




Serves 4

Simple enough: Turn on the oven to 350. Take your washed asparagus (about a pound, or whatever comes in the rubber band) and snap off the ends. Roll them in some olive oil {I use extra light olive oil} on a cookie sheet. Add some salt and shredded Parmesan cheese. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until soft. Done! How easy is that? What you'll find is it is even tastier than it is easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment