Sunday, January 1, 2012

Holiday Fun (of course in the sun)

We have had a fun past month+, with Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's. It seems I look forward to the holidays for months and months and with a flash, they pass. I took down all of my Christmas decorations yesterday--boo (except the tree...I may let Jeremy do that). However, we did have a good Christmas and a fun month overall. Jeremy has to work like a madman since he is basically starting his own business, but we have some fun trips coming up in 2012!
Almost all of the Hoover family was together for Thanksgiving, sans Ashley and Barrett because they just had baby Dirk. We had a lot of food, fun and laughs. This is my oldest brother, Adam. Such a stud.
The day after Christmas, my mom, sis-in-law Kelli, Jeremy and I went to Balboa Island to kayak and be in the sun. It was a gorgeous day and about 70 degrees. I love Christmas time here. We walked around some of the houses and saw the cutest mailbox (pictured bottom left).
...And of course we munched on Balboa Bars. If you haven't had them, get them! You get a huge vanilla ice cream bar and you get to pick from a bunch of different toppings. And of course, it comes with chocolate. Duh. I got a froze banana this time dipped in chocolate, oreo crumbles and toasted almonds. Soo good. Jeremy and I kayaked around the whole island, saw some beautiful homes, schools of fishies (and a pelican swallowing some of them) and HUGE yachts.

For Christmas, Kelli got me a pizza stone; I was so thrilled! She swears this is how you make good pizza. I am also learning to improve on the dough part...So last Friday we made margherita pizza. Yum!

New Year's Eve, Jeremy had to study for another test, so I headed to the beach for a bit to read my new Women's Magazine and people watch.
I had a work party where we also had a ugly sweater contest, and I brought a buttermilk blueberry breakfast cake. It was inhaled in about twenty minutes :-)

I also went to the feed the duckies down the street my nasty homemade graham crackers that didn't turn out so well, but they weren't picky. In fact, the geese right here ate right out of my hand!

J and I have found a yummy local pizzeria not too far from our house that we went to during Christmas madness shopping.

Yum.

The blueberry buttermilk breakfast cake that I made. When I got back to the pan, even the crumbs had been eaten. Jeremy also surprised me with two tickets to Kauai. We are going to Hawaii in March with his family; I can't wait! We also get to see his family for his cousin's wedding. And a third fun trip for me: I'm flying to Utah in a few weeks to see my sister and her new baby (and work a little too). Can't wait.

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and got to spend time with those who matter most.

No comments:

Post a Comment