Tuesday, January 3, 2012

~Mom's Potatoes~

I call these "Mom's potatoes" because I got the recipe from my mom and this is her favorite way to eat potatoes. I also don't know anyone else who makes them like this. I don't make a starch side very often anymore, but for some reason on Sundays (and when I make a delish roast) it's fitting to have a side of potatoes. I'd have to say this is my favorite way to eat potato these days. You can call this dish whatever you want...creamy baked potatoes...cheesy potatoes...what ever floats your boat!

Slice the potatoes fairly thin (we have a food slicer we got from Jeremy's dad for Christmas and it cuts potatoes in about 15 seconds...amazing time-saver). Pour heavy whipping cream over the sliced potatoes, then the rest of the ingredients. Cook for about an hour, and then they're done.

Full recipe serves 6-8

you'll need:

6-8 brown potatoes
1 1/2 c. heavy whipping cream
1 c. sharp cheddar cheese, grated
garlic salt
pepper
dried parsley

get busy:

Preheat the oven to 350. Peel the potatoes but leave some skin on (as much as you can handle). Slice the potatoes fairly thin or in wedges. The thinner the slice, the faster they cook. Put slices into a 9x13 pan. Drench with the heavy whipping cream. Liberally sprinkle on the garlic salt. Add a little pepper. Lastly cover the top of the potatoes with the cheese evenly and sprinkle a little parsley on top. Cook in the oven for about 1 hour, or until you can stick a fork in the potatoes and they feel soft. That's it! I promise whomever you make these for will love them They are a go-to potato dish for me every time!

No comments:

Post a Comment