Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Birthday Week

I celebrated my 24th birthday this last week. Oddly enough, this was a wonderful birthday. I learned something a few years ago--to enjoy whatever stage you are in or whatever age you are. I grew up always anticipating the next stage in life. I couldn't wait to be 14 so I could go to church dances, couldn't wait to be 16 to date and drive, 18 to claim I was independent. I couldn't wait to go to college, couldn't wait to get married...I always wondered if I would feel the same about having children...luckily, no! Ha, that I can wait on. However, I am no longer dying to get to the next stage in life. I am happy where I am. I never want to be that person who complains about her age, is dreading turning '30, 40, or 50.' Celebrate whatever age you are. Be happy with life, or at least make it happy and always make it better. This was one of my best birthdays yet.


Jeremy surprised me with a beautiful gold watch! I have wanted a gold watch for a long time now. He picked it out himself--how did I get so lucky? A man with better taste than I have. He was so excited to give it to me he made me open it a couple days early.

Jeremy overheard me say how I was craving sushi around my birthday, so he surprised me with this one night.

My co-worker treated me to a delicious lunch, and then Jeremy took me to a nice and amazing Italian restaurant in San Diego called Capri Blu. They even treated me with some tiramisu!
On the Border lunch with Kelly. Best fajitas ever!! Special thanks to all of my co-workers who made my day so fun and special.

No comments:

Post a Comment