Monday, March 5, 2012

~Salmon with Mustard Wine Sauce~

Ohhhhhh my goodness!! This is restaurant-worthy salmon right here. Ah! If you want to impress your date/husband/wife/friends/family/whoever, this is a definite go-to recipe. It is also very easy to make--so you can't go wrong with this recipe. If you like salmon, or even think it's okay, you will still love this recipe. Honestly, it's that good.

I made this last week, and Jeremy already requested it this week. (Think he liked it?)

Normally, I don't serve a starch for dindin, and if I do it is brown rice. Tonight however, Jeremy requested white rice, so I paired the salmon with that and asparagus. I broiled the asparagus in the oven with olive oil and parmesan (click here for the simple recipe). Such a simple, moist salmon. Big pet peev of mine--dry fish. Yuck. Not this recipe--the salmon was soooo moist--perfection!

Serves 4

You'll Need:
4 pieces frozen skinless salmon fillets, thawed
flour for dredging
2 Tbs. vegetable oil
3 Tbs. butter
1/2 c. white wine
salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
1/2 c. fish stock*
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1/4 c. heavy cream

Get Busy:
Lightly flour the salmon. In a large skillet, heat the oil, add the salmon and saute over medium heat until golden, turning once, about 3 minutes per side. Set the salmon aside and discard the oil from the pan.
Add the butter, wine, salt and pepper to the pan and bring to a simmer. Add the mustard, fish stock and lemon juice. Simmer over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
Gradually add the cream, stirring constantly and simmer until slightly until thickened, about 5 minutes. Add the salmon to the sauce and simmer until the fish is well coated and the sauce is reduced, maybe 3 more minutes. Transfer to a plate and pour remaining sauce on top. Enjoy!
*Don't have fish stock? I didn't either, and I couldn't find it at the grocery story I went to. So I just used chicken stock--no big deal. It was still amazing. If you make it with fish stock let me know how it turned out.

1 comment:

  1. Daddy and I just finished our Dijon Salmon. That was the first time I've bought wine ever! Didn't realize how many varieties there are. Also didn't have a corkscrew to get the cork out of the bottle. I sent Dad out to the garage and he came back with the cork in hand. Now, how do you get the cork back IN the bottle? It turned out delicious (but not as good as yours!) Thanks for sharing! Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete