Sunday, March 25, 2012

Kauai, Hawaii Part II

I think I had too many pictures on the first post, so I'll post the rest here from our trip.

From our luau, which was soo fun! There were wild peacocks on the property that were absolutely gorgeous.

Best hot dogs on the island!!

Don't know why I couldn't get this picture upright! This is Secret Falls; it's so cool!

A smaller falls on the way to Secret Falls

Hiking to Secret Falls

So it had rained a ton the week before we arrived, so there was a ton of mud on the trail. It was actually quite soothing on my skin

To get to Secret Falls we had to cross a river with a very strong current (several times) and hold onto a rope so we didn't get swept by the current
Rope swing :-)
Lighthouse on the north shore
Kayaking the river


Waimea Falls
The lighthouse

The peacocks were trying to impress the females... :-)
We got so close to the peacocks :-)
I even got to feed some right out of my hands
At the luau
The guys pulling the pig out of the ground
This was just the first round at the luau...
The wet and dry caves. Apparently the cave goes back 300 yards.
I found a baby turtle stuck in the sand! It had been washed down the river into the ocean from all of the rain, so we took it to the river and it swam away. Glad I found it before a seagull did.
Mr. Turtle. We had a blast this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment