Sunday, March 4, 2012

Business in Houston

Well I had my first business trip to Houston this past week! I was excited (not that Houston is uber exciting) but I had never been there before and I really enjoy seeing new cities. Thankfully the weather was wonderful--humid and warm. It was about 80 degrees every day...and I'm totally fine with that. Apparently I missed an awful cold, wet and rainy few days in San Diego so I wasn't too bummed out. While training took up most of the week, I did get to meet some fun new people across the country and the co-workers I work with in San Diego and I had some uh-mazing food there! Here are some of the pictures from the festivities:

I probably gained 10 pounds this week (just kidding, but it felt like it). I ate such good food and so much food I was happy to get back home into my normal food routine. I don't want to eat out for a year. However, I will ALWAYS be down to eat at The Cheesecake Factory! We ate there on Monday night, and later in the week walked there after eating dinner somewhere else just so I could order another Godiva cheesecake. Folks, it doesn't get better than that. Yum. On Wednesday, I ordered the Oreo cheesecake, which was good, but I'll be honest...there is simply not enough chocolate.

My hotel, JW Marriott. We were right across the street from the Galleria, the 4th largest mall in America. How nice of my company to choose such a great location :-) The pool was on the fifth floor, and I convinced my trainer to let us do some training on the deck so we could get some sun.

Some of my awesome co-workers, Taryn and Laura and I on our last night, at the Grand Lux. (Don't mind my hair--the humidity gave me Texas hair without trying!)

There is a chain of restaurants in Texas (maybe other places too, I'm not sure) called The Grand Lux. It is a sister restaurant to Cheesecake Factory, so you know the food is divine. I ordered salmon cooked 3 different ways with whipped potatoes, asparagus and green beans---oooo it was so good!

...And for dessert (of course there is always dessert) I ordered a molten lava cake, which of course was delicious, but I will say I think the recipe I have is better--I will post it the next time I make it. It is so easy.

We had subpar breakfasts every morning, but the lunches provided by the hotel were pretty good. This day was Italian food, so I liked it.

One reason why I love the Marriott hotels...

On our last day there, we walked around the mall for a few hours till we had to leave for our flight. We came across Le Madelaine, a French cafe, and I have always wanted to eat there. I wasn't really hungry though because I had just eaten lunch, but I ALWAYS have room for dessert...especially when it is rich, moist, delicious chocolate with a ganache filling...mmmmm.

All in all, I had a blast even though training isn't always fun. I was glad to get home though. And I only have one week left until we go to Hawaii!!

No comments:

Post a Comment