Sunday, April 8, 2012

~Sticky Buns Breakfast~

I don't make breakfasts like this very often (let's be honest...it's not that healthy). HOWEVER, what a delish treat this is on an occasional Sunday morning! Next time I spend the night with the padres I'll definitely make this for them. I know my daddy would love it! It's easy to make and doesn't take long to prepare.
Now since this is such a sweet treat for breakfast, I also cut up fresh strawberries and bananas for a side. At least something from this meal was healthy!
The nuts and brown sugar really make this dish amazing in my opinion. I would say this serves 4 people...but my hubby and I inhaled it. SO depending on how hungry you are, it serves 2-4 people.

You'll Need:

1 1/2 tubes Pillsbury buttermilk biscuits
3 Tbs. butter, melted
1/2 c. pancake syrup (I make my own)
1/3 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 c. chopped pecans, optional
1/4 c. chopped almonds, optional

Get Busy:

Now normally this is made in a bundt cake pan...but I couldn't find mine! (Curse you Jeremy for trying to "organize" my kitchen so I can't find anything). So I made it in a bread pan. Spray your pan with a non-stick spray. Combine the melted butter and syrup in a small bowl; set aside. In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nuts. Pour half of the syrup mixture in the pan, then sprinkle half the brown sugar mixture over it. Lay the biscuits down overlapping each other at a slant. Top with remaining syrup mixture and nut mixture. Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes, or until the biscuits are not doughy. Let it cool for a minute in the pan, then invert onto a serving platter.

Enjoy! Most of you probably have all of the ingredients in your kitchen already, which is the best! If you're out of ideas for breakfast one morning, you'll love this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment