Friday, April 13, 2012

Easter Sunday

Growing up, Easter was such an awesome holiday. Supermom used to either sew me a new dress every year or buy me a new dress--either way I got a new church dress--yesss. Then every year (and she still does this) Supermom makes fudge eggs for everyone and writes our names on it in frosting. Yum. We would have big Easter egg hunts which were never very fair, as I am the youngest of 7 kids and they are all much older than I am. So I got shoved aside and beat for my candy! (Kidding, love you all). We used to do Easter egg hunts at Aunt Jayne's house in Newport which were the best because Aunt Jayne hides the golden egg which had a $20 bill in it. Austin (one of the triplets) and I forgot about the candy eggs and just searched for the golden egg. So fun. This year unfortunately we didn't get to do an Easter egg hunt. However, I did make a delicious special breakfast for us, and I even let Jeremy sleep in until 10 or so.

Breakfast, sticky buns--soooooo delicious! (fab recipe here)

For dinner, I made what is called Lazy Sunday Casserole. It is fantastic--and I don't usually even like Italian sausage!! I'll post the recipe this week.

We spent our Easter day at church, learning about Christ. I taught my Sunday school class (9, 10, and 11 year-old boys...sigh) about the Resurrection and the Atonement. What a wonderful day. I even made my boys chocolate chip cookies with butterscotch chips too!

This week I also went to the temple. This is my favorite place on earth. I hope everyone can make it to the temple this month--it's such a special place ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment