Monday, April 16, 2012

~Almond Sheet Cake~



I have wanted to make this dessert for months now and just never got around to it until yesterday. AND I AM SO GLAD I DID! I have never had a more moist cake in my life. I looooove almond extract, and yes I know the cake isn't chocolate, but trust me. It is literally amazing!! I made this on Sunday for my folks who were coming over for dinner. My dad had two pieces and wanted to take some home! I also took some to Church for my Sunday School class. The boys loved them. I took the rest to work and they were inhaled by noon (except the pieces I hid for myself hehe...). Some of my coworkers requested the recipe, so here you go!


I feel like you can see how moist the cake is even through the picture! SOOOOOO yummy! I have never made a cake before this with such simple ingredients. I didn't have to buy anything at the store--I had everything in my pantry or fridge. Love these recipes!!

Makes 24 servings

You'll Need:

Cake:
1 c. butter
1 c. water
2 c. flour
2 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c. sour cream
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp. almond extract
Icing:
1/2 c. butter
1/4 c. milk
3 1/2-4 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. almond extract

Get Busy:

Cake: Preheat the oven to 375. In a small saucepan, add the water and butter and bring to a boil. In a mixing bowl, add the flour and sugar. Pour the boiling mixture over the flour mixture in the mixing bowl and beat well. Add the baking soda, almond extract, sour cream, and eggs; mix. Pour batter into greased 9x13 pan and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Let the cake cool for 20-30 minutes before you start the icing.

Icing: In small saucepan, bring butter and milk to boil. Add remaining ingredients in large mixing bowl; then add boiling mixture. Stir until well-mixed. If it's too runny, add more powdered sugar. It should be pourable though. Pour onto the cake and let sit for at least 20 minutes. Serve with fruit or ice cream or nothing :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment