Monday, December 12, 2011

~Steak with Mushroom Wine Sauce~

Of all of the recipes I have made since this blog began, this has been my number one fave so far! This recipe is packed full of flavor. I do love a good steak, and personally, I will devour anything that calls for a wine sauce and mushrooms! If you were to only try one of my recipes, this is the one I recommend making. It seriously tasted like something you would order in a nice restaurant. Best thing yet, it's incredibly easy to make. Serves 2.

you'll need:

2 6 0z. flat iron steaks*
5 Tbs. olive oil, separated
1 tsp. black pepper
1 Tbs. ground paprika
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 c. red wine
2 c. sliced mushrooms

get busy:

Stir together 2 Tbs. of olive oil, pepper, salt, paprika, mustard and garlic powder in a small bowl to make a paste. Prick the steaks all over with a fork and rub them well with the paste, working the paste into the meat.

Heat a large skillet over high heat and add the remaining 3 Tbs. of olive oil. Heat the oil until it just begins to smoke. Quickly sear the steaks until the outside is brown and the inside is still pink, 2-3 minutes per side.

Remove the steaks from the skillet. Pour in the red wine and bring to a boil while scraping the brown bits of food of the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Stir in the sliced mushrooms, cook and stir until the mushrooms are cooked and have released their liquid, maybe about 5 minutes.

Return the steaks to the skillet on top of the mushroom-wine sauce. Reduce heat to low and cook until sauce reduces and thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove steaks onto serving platter and pour the sauce on top of the steak. I know you will enjoy this meal because it is divine!!

*I was out one steak, so I used ground beef for the other "steak" and I thought it was absolutely fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment