Sunday, December 18, 2011

~Chicken Avocado Parmigiana~

This was delicious!!!!! Another wonderful recipe found on Pinterest. Jeremy and I loved this last night, and like most of the recipes I post, it was incredibly easy! Most of the ingredients I already had in my pantry or in the fridge/freezer. Parmigiana is a southern Italian dish made with a shallow-fried sliced filling, layered with cheese and tomato sauce, then baked. This is the quick version of Parmigiana (short for parmigiana di melanzane). I am an avocado lover, so I knew this recipe would taste good. I served this with fresh green beans with sliced almonds--I have a really easy and yummy recipe I will post soon.


you'll need:

2 chicken breasts
1/2 c. whole wheat flour
2 Tbs. milk
1 egg
1 1/2 c. dried whole wheat bread crumbs
cooking spray
1/2 c. spaghetti sauce
1 large avocado, sliced
about 1/2 c. mozzarella cheese

get busy:

Preheat the oven to 400. Place foil onto a cookie sheet. Mix together the flour and breadcrumbs on a plate. Add some salt and pepper to taste. Whisk the egg and milk together in a shallow bowl. Coat chicken breasts in egg mixture, then coat in flour mixture. Place coated breasts onto the cookie sheet. Light spray the chicken breasts with olive oil, and bake for 10 minutes. Turn the breasts over and bake for another 10 minutes, or until cooked through.

Take the chicken out of the oven, and pour spaghetti sauce over the breasts. Place sliced avocados on top, then sprinkle the cheese over the avocado. Return to the oven and bake for another 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment