Sunday, November 27, 2011

~Veggie Pizza~

Doesn't sound that amazing, right? But it IS!! This recipe has been my favorite hors d'oeuvre since I was little. It's probably the healthiest hors d'oeuvre I know, too! Veggie pizza usually gets devoured in about five minutes, so if you make this, make a lot! We had such a fabulous Thanksgiving weekend with all the family on my side (excluding Ashley because she just had her baby boy). I helped my sister-in-law, Shannon make these goodies for our appetizers on Thanksgiving day, and they really were gone in 5 minutes. {Shannon takes incredible photos especially for families. If you live in southern California, I highly recommend her; she is very reasonably priced. She took our family photos this year and I'll be posting those soon. Check out her website and work here.} Since I seem to never get enough veggies each day anyway, this hors d-oeuvre is a great way to get some in and not even think about it. Such a simple recipe (as are most of my posts) and quick to make for any kind of party or gathering.

I love all of the color veggie pizza brings to the table. Red bell pepper, cauliflower, broccoli, green onion over a Crescent roll.

I think this is our family's favorite appetizer, and that is saying a lot because there are a lot of us now! 7 kids, most married with kids. Holidays are nuts. And I love it :-)


There is maybe 10 minutes worth of chopping to make this dish, and then everything from there is assembled fairly quickly.

you'll need:

2 pkg. (8 oz. each) plain Pillsbury Crescent Creations refrigerated seamless dough sheet*
1 8 oz. pkg. reduced fat cream cheese
1/2 c. non-fat milk
1 pkg. ranch dressing mix
{No set amount of the following, enough of them combined to completely cover the pans}**
broccoli, diced
cauliflower, diced
green onion, diced
red bell pepper, diced
tomato (maybe 3 Roma), diced


get busy:

Preheat the oven to 350. Roll out the dough on a large cookie sheet, and you will have extra to put into an 8x8 pan. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly golden brown (do NOT overcook). In a small bowl, mix together ranch dressing mix, cream cheese and milk. Spread over the lightly cooled crust. Evenly spread chopped vegetables on top. Cut pizza into desirable size squares and serve on a pretty platter. Voila! You're done. SO easy, and will definitely be eaten quickly. Nom nom nom.

*Do not buy the generic store brand of this. They are terrible! Spend the extra 50 cents to get the Pillsbury brand.
**You can add diced cucumber for an even healthier alternative; I never have, but I will try it next time. I think it would go together well with the other veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment