Thursday, November 17, 2011

~Grilled Honey-Lime Salmon~

I have to thank my awesome dad-in-law Jed for this one. Jed is an amazing cook! This past September Jeremy and I helped his dad cater a cycling tour through southern Utah. One night for dinner, Jed made this fabulous marinated salmon. He didn't have clear-cut measurements, so neither do I, but I will do my best to write the measurements down. This salmon turns out perfect when grilled; it's moist and sweet. I love limes lately, so much in fact the other day I bought 21 limes for 97 cents. Bingo!


you'll need:

2 salmon fillets
1 lime
1/4 c. honey (or more? eyeball it)
1/2 c. olive oil (or more? eyeball it)

get busy:

In a large ziploc bag or bowl, combine the fillets with honey and olive oil. Squeeze the lime juice in as well. Cut the lime in fourths and add to the mixture. Let the salmon marinate for a few hours (2 or 3). Grill. That's it. Serves 2. A very healthy and yummy way to prepare salmon without any fatty base. I served this tonight with steamed brown rice and green beans with slivered almonds. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment