Monday, November 28, 2011

~Homemade Taco Seasoning~

I can't count how many times I have started a dinner and forgotten to buy taco seasoning. Ugh! However, I had all the ingredients to make this in my cupboard; ergo, yay, no more buying taco seasoning! I also liked making my own taco seasoning because the store bought kind has some processed stuff in it. I like knowing what is in my food. In addition to that, this taco seasoning tastes delicious! I think I got this recipe from allrecipes.com. This taco seasoning also has over 2,000 5 star reviews! It's also cheaper to make your own seasoning than buy it every time. Make this in about 3 minutes, store in a sealed container, and it's all ready for your cookin'. The flavor of this seasoning is much richer than the store bought kind. I have found that two huge heaping tablespoons is about the same amount as one packet.

you'll need:

1 Tbs. chili powder
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes*
1/4 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. paprika
1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper

get busy: (kind of...)

Mix together ingredients in a small bowl. I stored mine in a Ziploc baggie. This recipe makes 10 servings.

*If you are not a spice person, I suggest cutting this ingredient in half.

No comments:

Post a Comment